Healthy Chicken Recipes: Pasta Salad and Saute Chicken
Chicken is a great source of lean protein, and for that reason it is a great food to include in your diet. The problem is that chicken can often be dry and lack flavor. These healthy chicken recipes will ensure that your chicken packs a punch!
Pasta (whole grain or vegetable)
Italian Salad Dressing
1. Cut chicken tenderloins into small pieces using kitchen shears
2. Place the pieces into a zip lock bag
3. Fill the back with enough Italian Dressing to coat and submerge the chicken. Let the chicken marinate for at least 30 minutes.
4. Saute the chicken in pan using a bit of cooking spray to ensure it does not stick
5. Boil pasta and strain once it if finished cooking
6. Place the pasta back in the pot and mix in some Italian Dressing. Add the dressing slowly because you can always add more later if need be.
7. Let the pasta and chicken cool to room temperature
8. Place the chicken and pasta in a big bowl and mix in the broccoli salad
9. Place the bowl in the refrigerator and serve cold
This is the simple version, but you can get creative with it. Try adding different spices and vegetables until you find what works best for you.
Another great idea is serving saute chicken with a sweet potato and roasted broccoli.
Saute chicken is cooked the same way as the chicken for the pasta salad, except you do not cut it into small pieces.
For instructions on cooking roasted broccoli click here!
Check below for a video on how to cook a sweet potato in the microwave. Keep it simple!
Eating healthy doesn’t have to be difficult. These healthy chicken recipes are proof of that. Now I am hungry, time for dinner!