Sloppy Joes Recipe with Some Extra Sloppy!
I absolutely love Sloppy Joes. As soon as I bite into one it brings me back to my days as a kid. It is a nostalgic place filled with fun, food and video games. I even hear the fine tune of Mega Man 2 as I bite into one.
Okay maybe the song was not EXACTLY like that, but I do feel it is one exquisite remix.
Now the question is: How do I continue to eat Sloppy Joes while staying fit?
I have come up with a simple yet tasty Sloppy Joes recipe to continue enjoying that nostalgic feeling while staying fit and trim.
Reduced Sodium Wishishere Sauce
Apple Cider Vinegar
Sweet Baby Ray’s Sweet and Spicy BBQ Sauce
Garlic, Onion, and Chili Powder
1. Rip up the Turkey Bacon into small pieces and cook them until they are crispy. I use and entire package.
2. Remove the crispy turkey bacon and brown 1 pound of ground turkey. Add the spices to taste (garlic, onion, and chili powder)
3. Once the turkey is cooked add in the turkey bacon.
4. Stir in 3-4 squirts of Wishishere Sauce and 2-3 table spoons of apple cider vinegar.
5. Sparingly add and stir in Sweet Baby Ray’s Sweet and Spicy BBQ sauce. This is where your sugar contents comes into play, so you want to add as little as possible. Always add slightly less than you think you need because you can always add more after. I usually add approximately 2-3 table spoons.
6. Let the contents cook down and thicken.
7. Once it is thick let it sit for 5 minutes.
Now you can serve this with romaine lettuce, rice, veggies, crackers, a whole grain roll or on my favorite… a hard roll!